Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th September 2010, 06:35 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Better than Suspiria... just! I agree it's Argento's best, it's just not my favourite of his -- that would be the demented fairytale with the incredible score by Goblin.
Old 24th September 2010, 10:57 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Well as we expected - they're not liking the three seconds of lizard being impaled onto a pin...
I assumed this was a semi-official response from the BBFC even though the film never showed up as being cut on their site.

However, after I responded to them, trying to defend the cut, they said no cuts had yet been made. Then I asked this:

Quote:
The reason I contacted you at this stage was because the information I have is that the scene WILL be cut and discussions are already ongoing as to how to change or alter the footage via blurring or zooming, etc... to avoid a complete cut. Obviously, I don't think the scene should be cut AT ALL. I wanted to get my ideas and thoughts over to you ASAP in case things were going on behind the scenes (with BBFC and Arrow) since the title is scheduled to be released very soon.
This is the response I received today:

Quote:
Thank you for your further email on this matter.

I'm afraid you have been misinformed. As I mentioned, we have made no decision in regard to DEEP RED and certainly have made no request to the distributor for cuts to be made at this time.

Yours sincerely,

J L Green
Chief Assistant (Policy)
Old 24th September 2010, 11:02 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The problem I forsee is now the BBFC know that (most) fans would accept some sort of altering of the scene, they won't even consider an uncut verdict.
Old 25th September 2010, 12:28 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
The problem I forsee is now the BBFC know that (most) fans would accept some sort of altering of the scene, they won't even consider an uncut verdict.
Which is why we should say we don't accept it and would only want it uncut.
Old 25th September 2010, 08:38 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'm curious what the verdict will be,seeing they didn't seem to mind the pinned beetle in Bay of Blood.
Of course a lizard is no beetle...
Old 26th September 2010, 03:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Play.com have removed their pre-order listing for Deep Red. Remains up on Amazon and HMV though for the 18th of October.
Old 26th September 2010, 03:20 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Limey View Post
Play.com have removed their pre-order listing for Deep Red. Remains up on Amazon and HMV though for the 18th of October.
Tbh, I was really surprised the other week when it was said that the film would be out on Oct 18th. It's only 3 weeks away and there's been no artwork shown yet and the film hasn't been passed by the BBFC. I doubt we'll see it on the 18th.
Old 26th September 2010, 03:26 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I really don't give much away to the pre-release dates on those websites as they are only there to give potential customers an idea of what is going to be released rather than a concrete and definitive date of when it is going to be released.

The only time I will believe the pre-release date is when Almar posts it and even then it can be subject to change!
Old 26th September 2010, 08:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
Anyone who has been to Italy can tell you that lizards are everywhere there. Look in a bush and you'll find a lizard.
Which doesn't make it one bit more okay to kill or willingly harm one...

How does the BBFC react to scenes in Asian movies when you can clearly see that the fish/frog/etc. the cook is dissecting for the soup is still alive. I don't know if that was in Untold Story or Ebola Syndrome, but I've seen a scene like this just a short while back ... and didn't find it okay, of course.

Still, I think the lizard-debate is kinda useless, cuz without this debate I wouldn't even have noticed it. I trust Arrow to talk sense into the BBFC on that matter. I don't want a cut AV release!
Old 28th September 2010, 09:18 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
I really don't give much away to the pre-release dates on those websites as they are only there to give potential customers an idea of what is going to be released rather than a concrete and definitive date of when it is going to be released.

The only time I will believe the pre-release date is when Almar posts it and even then it can be subject to change!
Why don't Arrow just give a list of films that they will be releasing but just as pre-release info so that if you sign up then you will be told when they are releasing it and it's available to order.

Like this? Share it using the links below!