View Single Post
Old 15th October 2010, 12:55 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I know there's some controversy over the longer cut of the film, but I prefer it. It adds more character development and I don't think it ruins the pacing at all. But that's just me!
I don't really understand the "controversy" regarding the longer cut, it's the original Italian version. Foreign distributors cut 20 minutes or so of footage for the "export" cut, which IMO change the film drastically, for the worse. We miss out on pretty much all interaction between the two main characters, and a few other important bits.

I understand some people may be used to the shorter cut, and want to have it on the BD, but what I don't really understand is the negative comments about Arrow presenting the original cut of the film. Surely, if only one cut is presented, the original cut of the film should be it.
During these past weeks, we were discussing the impact of a sequence a few seconds long (which to me it's inclusion was important, at the very least as a matter of principle, since I believe a cut is a cut, no matter how small). And now suddenly missing out on over 20 minutes of footage is somehow prefable?