View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2011, 07:14 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
I must admit I only post to U.K. and Europe with my Amazon sales but the sellers in the U.S. have no excuse not to whereas I do.

I rarely buy from Amazon.com because they charge over £8 to post a dvd, but when customers from the U.S. buy from Amazon.co.uk they get it at a right cheap rate and by the time the charges come off you end up paying extra out your own pocket to post stuff there. Takes the f*cking piss!
The marketplace shipping price from Amazon US is a bit OTT. The only thing I'll say is that, after doing a lot of Ebay sales from the US, getting a tracked international shipping from USPS is stupidly expensive and may be warding some people off. Italy and France are becoming notorious for losing stuff. Pain in the ass because 80% of my sales came from Europe and Japan and I had $90 worth of vinyl go missing because the buyer didn't want to pay the $30 extra for a signature. Luckily it was the only one that went astray...

I actually sold one dvd for less than $30 to the Phillipines and the buyer ended up paying more in shipping for EMS.