View Single Post
Old 8th January 2011, 02:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by norliss View Post
Where does he ever proclaim to be an "Argento Expert" and what would that have to do with below...?

The image quality of Inferno could have been a lot better and on this I and many others agree. I guess that makes all of us "Argento Experts" dicks too...

Just because Mr Mackenzie doesn't like something, doesn't make him a dick. The man is entitled to his opinion. And everyone, please refrain from name calling here please. I'm sure none of you would appreciate looking on a site and seeing people calling you a dick.
Whenever he does an Argento review he praises to have seen countless home video prints of the movie in question and always points them out frame by frame. If someone knows a movie frame by frame I think that qualifies that person as an expert. Also, I said "so called" and that was not a quote.

When I said the word "dick" I was not referring to "whiggles" the person, but to whiggles "the reviewer". I have nothing against whiggles and as a whole I really enjoy is site.

I have not offended anyone, as much as I know I am in an English forum and the word "dick" is offensive, I am Portuguese and the word "dick" also has a meaning like "what are you saying???!!!". For that I´m sorry because you are not obligated to know the different meanings of that word in every part of the world.

You are the one assuming that I called all of you "Argento Experts" and dicks (explanation above).
One thing is to say the movie could have been better but another is to say that this edition it´s a basic case of "It'll do until something better comes along." That affirmation is totally ditching the Arrow edition and that is a little harsh for such a wonderful edition. The movie is not perfect but we´re talking about an old movie not made with the best of stock.