View Single Post
Old 24th January 2011, 09:28 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I want to see it at some point next week but my choices are limited as there aren't that many showings every day at the Cineworld nearest me. I've tried to stay away from reviews and as many trailers as possible so I can be as open minded as possible and see it 'blind'.

This evening I watched A Single Man and Cannibal Ferox with the commentary.
I saw it at my local Cineworld and you’re right, there’s like three or four screenings a day, which is a lot less than many other “big” releases. Though it is what would usually be considered art house, the films heading towards a haul of $100m in the US, so you’d think there’d be a bigger splash in the UK – the screening I attended yesterday was at 3:15 and was sold out! Completely out of the ordinary, even on a Sunday, at my local.

I guess it boils down to the time of year – there are stacks of films out: all the awards-consideration types of films and big budgeters like Green Hornet too. Just not enough screens. I still can’t believe, with all the hype it’s had, that BLUE VALENTINE’s not paying in my local cinema – Optimum only saw fit to put it on 36 screens nationwide! None of my local cinemas are showing the new Carpenter flick, THE WARD, either.