View Single Post
Old 14th March 2011, 11:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Watched:

HELLRAISER BD (AB) - It had been a long time since I watched this but it was better than I remember. Some slightly hammy acting but the story and FX were spot on. 80s horror at its best! BD top-notch too. Would love BD releases of many other 80s/early90s horrors such as CANDYMAN etc

DEEP RED BD (Arrow) - A bit underwhelmed with the PQ on this. Had fairly constant vertical lines down the screen + DNR quite visible. VERY different to the picture for e..g. PHENOMENA.. Although I accept DEEP RED is about a decade older.

PANDORA AND THE FLYING DUTCHMAN BD (Park Circus) - Excellent Powell (of PEEPING TOM fame) & Pressburger film from 1950 based on the legend of the flying dutchman. Glorious cinematography and a great story. The Park Circus UK release, despite what people have said on e.g. amazon, had excellent colours and detail... sure there are lots of flecks and scratches but they don't interfere and the film is 60 years old so thats fine.

FLASH GORDON BD (Optimum steelbook)- What a cheesefest! Loved every minute of it. Brian Blessed and Timothy Dalton were great. Thought the picture was decent enough though the US release is purportedly much better.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti