View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2011, 07:13 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Where did you find these reviews?

Edit: found the (first?) review.

"Ok, I've just take a look at the discs and here's my thoughts :

- the masters seems to be the same as the DVD : there's a lot of noise, dirt and the definition is sometime lacking. I'd say it's a little bit better than the Canadian Blu-ray but the source is so imperfect that even though these discs are 1080p the picture looks flat. I Know What You did Last Summer and Urban Legend were more convincing on BD.

- the color are quite strong, especially on the third one

- the sound is OK

-Scream is not presented in its NC-17 cut, just the R-rated that's been released in theatres.

-The extras are the ones we all know.

Lionsgate didn't put any money to restore the masters and that's a shame. It's watchable for sure (at least, there no DNR applied, so it looks like film) but it's ironic that the original Halloween seems more convincing on Blu-ray than than a recent title like Scream.

Of course, I think we can expect new releases in a near future." (Jeremy Melton,scream-trilogy.net)

This was also posted by Jeremy Melton...

"Yes they got the rights just a couple of months ago and they sure didn't have time to remaster them properly. I just wish they had took the time to do it well and then release the titles. I don't mind waiting for quality discs, what's bothering me is to buy cheap BD and then have to go back to the store to get new editions a few months later. But maybe Lionsgate won't be interested to remastered Blu-rays and we'll have to stick to these ones..."

Last edited by bdc; 23rd March 2011 at 07:25 PM.