View Single Post
Old 27th March 2011, 11:02 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Don't Arrow have a say in how the film is presented? Surely, at some point in negotiations, Arrow would have become aware of what they might be getting? It's inevitable that there would be something of a backlash regarding this news.
Frankly, and I'll know I'll probably get banned for saying this, but we're talking about the same company who released THE BEYOND with a B&W intro. So I wouldn't be too sure about them "knowing what they're getting".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
My understanding is that the choice was between the 2.0:1 aspect ratio or nothing as they didn't have the rights to the Blue Underground 2.35:1 HD master. Surely it's better to have this version than none at all?
I'd prefer none at all. What's the point in releasing a half-assed version of the movie? Argento is a visual director to say the least. Putting out a cropped version of his movie is nothing short of disrespectful. Plus you're actually contributing to Storaro's egotrip.

Most ridiculous thing though is trying to pass a cropped ratio as a special feature, sugar-coating it with a mention of "the original DP's vision" and so on. Who are you trying to kid?

Worst decision Arrow has ever taken.