View Single Post
Old 28th March 2011, 03:54 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
to quote the announcement...

"SPECIAL FEATURES:

- Brand new High Definition restoration of the film from the original negative presented in Director of Photography, Vittorio Storaro’s original 2:1 Univisium aspect ratio"

to me that is passing off a defect as a special feature, but we can agree to disagree.
like i said i understand it's not arrow's fault, but i agree with whoever said that passing it off as a special feature is a bit much.
i also said i'd still be buying it, so i think it's fair to voice my opinion. i'm not an arrow hater i'm an arrow lover, but when they start claiming an inferior print of a film as a special feature i think this needs to be addressed.
instead of listing it as a special feature i would have preferred something along the lines of 'we're very sorry but this is the only print we could get'
that's all.
Fair enough - and no problem on the opinion - to be honest though in this day and age no one sells anything on the basis of trying to make it sound rubbish - do they?

It's the best possible master available to buy and that's what is being used and clearly stated so anyone who dislikes Storaro treatments can make a bodyswerve. I think that's pretty fair?