View Single Post
Old 14th April 2011, 02:12 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Does anybody on this forum have a book called Offensive Films? It's written by Mikita Brottman and looks like this...

It looks like the perfect book for an essay I'm writing, though the library here doesn't even have it and it's too late to order.

Have you heard about the SCONUL scheme? You might be able to get the book from another Uni's library

There's a couple of copies of that book in the Brunel library, it's OK, I'm using it for an analysis of Cannibal Holocaust that I'm writing for my dissertation but what she writes about the film has been disputed by other writers. She talks about social breakdown and the removal of the "give and take" culture.

It has chapters about The Tingler, Blood Feast, Snuff, Texas Chainsaw, and something she calls "Neo-Mondo".

Her chapter on Cannibal Holocaust is quite a useful quote mine, but I don't think I completely agree with her argument. I haven't read any of the book's other chapters.

She's also written an essay on David Cronenberg's Crash and the Fading of the West (Literature Film Quarterly, 2002).

I just put in an order for:

Anyone read it?