View Single Post
Old 26th April 2011, 04:06 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post

As for Inglorious Basterds, my biggest gripe was that it didn't feel like a complete film but a series of scenes tenuously linked together. The opening scene, the one in the farmhouse, was extremely well written, directed and acted that the rest of the film felt a bit baggy. Christoph Waltz, as you said, was easily the best actor on view but I really don't know what Brad Pitt was trying to do with that jaw wired shut nonsense performance.
I dont see how you can say that the scenes are 'tenously linked'. There are a number of different storie lines an character arcs that weave through all of the different parts. There is Shosana's story, Landa's Story, and The Basterds plot, and they all fit together perfectly.

I agree that the film is pretty much a serise of long dialouge scenes, but I didnt find any of them to be baggy, in fact I was hanging on every worrd, especially in during the scene in the basement bar.

As I said before Nos: I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

:edit: Oh yeah and I loved Brad Pitts performance too, utterly hilarious and perfectly fitting imho:edit: