View Single Post
Old 30th April 2011, 10:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
Apparently Conway is a family friend of the Stallones - did you try reaching out to Sage for help?
No I never. Tobe was our priority and we got him.

Like I said, there's only so much you can do - and we've provided three commentaries, tons of images and almost two hours of interviews for this. Considering the time we had to get all this sorted and edited I don't think there's much more we could have done.

I think I need to also explain something - High Rising is basically me and Naomi. We're a two people operation working on a tiny, tiny budget and when we go to the states it is a big investment and so we have to get a lot done. During our trip out there for The Funhouse we also achieved extras on Vamp and numerous other upcoming titles. Setting up interviews, and finding people, is down to me and, when possible, one of my good friends out in LA, Joe Venegas, who assists us (he recorded the Reardon and Power audio tracks for instance - and he did without taking a penny).

I get emails occasionally from people asking about work experience with us and often they are amazed when I point out Naomi lights, films, shoots and edits and I do the organising.

Taking this into account I think we don't do that bad... including on The Funhouse. Check out your average special feature on any other DVD and see how much crew is listed in the end credits.

I'm sorry Conway isn't on there but, as I said, it's not as if we had months in the states in which to arrange this 'special edition'. And what is on there more than gives you an insight into the workings of The Funhouse I am sure after hearing the commentaries and seeing the other interviews you will not have any questions left unanswered about this movie and I think we all owe Arrow a debt of gratitude for blessing this little cult classic with so much extra stuff! I seriously doubt any other label in the UK would have gone to this bother!