View Single Post
Old 31st May 2011, 12:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
My copies of Enter The Ninja and Revenge Of The Ninja were shipped from HMV last week.
My copies of both movies arrived from HMV last week and it looks like Optimum have done us proud. Fair enough, the only extras are trailers on each relevant release but at least ETN and ROTN are presented in glorious anamorphic widescreen. And to my knowledge, the former film has yet to show up on R1 DVD but it's only a matter of time before Franco Nero's martial-arts actioner hits Stateside shores given it's an MGM title.

Good covers too on Optimum's contributions and the U.K. ROTN definitely wins over the U.S. edition in the artwork stakes. That halcyon image of a Ninja hovering airbourne over a city with one hand hurling spikes and the other holding a portable flamethrower (Or maybe it's a Firework or flare? Hey, it was laser beams up the sleeves in American Ninja!) is truly iconic for fans of '80s 'Shadow Warrior' cinema.

Nice work, Optimum and here's hoping the company has more Sho Kosugi Ninja morsels on the menu.