View Single Post
Old 6th June 2011, 09:57 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Right, that's it. Although I told myself to stop impulse buying, as I'm in the mood for a Sam Peckinpah marathon (after watching Cross of Iron), I'm going to have to add to BDs of Straw Dogs, The Wild Bunch and The Getaway to my collection!
The Getaway and The Wild Bunch are my two favourite Peckinpah flicks.

The first one's just a fantastic road movie with a übercool McQueen, a hot Ali MacGraw, and my favourite bad guy actor of all times - Al Lettieri (also highly recommended movies starring Al: Mr. Majestyk starring Charles Bronson and McQ starring John Wayne). Lucien Ballard's cinematography is great, too.

The Wild Bunch and me - love at first sight. William Holden, Ernest Borgnine, and Edmond O'Brien would have already been great. But Warren Oates (Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia) and Robert Ryan (several great war movies, e.g. Battle of the Bulge) - fantastic is the word! Have to watch it again asap!

Greetings!

PS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Well, that's The Getaway and The Wild Bunch ordered (for the princely sum of £11.75) but, sadly, Straw Dogs hasn't yet been released yet on Blu-ray. Still, at least I have the DVD to give me a fix until someone remedies the situation.
Congratulations!