View Single Post
Old 16th June 2011, 06:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post

Mulberry Street - thought I'd finally sit down and watch this as I was so impressed by the writer/directors' current film, Stake Land. The British DVD title (Zombie Virus On Mulberry Street) is very misleading - this is an "infected" film rather than zombies. So far as I am concerned this is a big discovery.A superb, tense, excellently made arthouse horror films that has,like, a good script, and well drawn characters and superb handheld camerawork reminiscent of Abel Ferrara's "grit not gloss" films. Written down the premise is ridiculous (a rat borne virus turns victims into flesh-eating "rat people") buit it really, really works. And works extremely well. Besides, is the idea of corpses coming to life to eat flesh/drink blood any less absurd? There is some (very) dark humour and satire here, but it lurks beneath the visceral tension. It's a fantastic film and I genuinely feel like I've made a big discovery. That so much can be done with so little money (the film-makers had to rely upon guerrilla film-making and unpaid favours from friends and family to get it made apparently) is an abject lesson to all film-makers and to the obscene high budget crap that Hollywood's bowels regularly void.
If you wanna see another good After Dark flick check out The Hamiltons
its getting a sequel too, also Seconds Apart from this years AD was pretty good for a AD flick too/

My DVD Collection
Tumblr