View Single Post
Old 17th June 2011, 12:58 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Just watched the Arrow BD and the picture looks really good (although there is less grain than the BU edition). It's just a real shame it's cropped as it does effect the film and makes Argento look a bit incompetent as a filmmaker, like he's incapable of framing a shot correctly. Storaro is a total ****.

Not watched the extras yet.
You are right about what you marked as .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
Having not seen it before it didn't get in the way too much, but I can imagine that lots of shots would have been a lot, lot nicer had they been in the original aspect ratio. .
As for the 2.00:1 aspect ratio in general: it does NOT destroy or harm the movie. There are approximately four or five scenes of 2 or 3 seconds each where I thought that there's something missing on the left. And I knew about Storaros desecration of The Bird with the Crystal Plumage!

I said it once and I say it again: for me, this is a minor issue and does not affect my joy at this wonderful Arrow package. There's one thing that shocked me a bit, though - see below!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Got my copy of the BD this morning and I popped it in straight away to see how it looked. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! I think it was Nosferatu in his review, who mentioned that the camera viewfinder marks were present on both sides of the screen at the beginning of the film. Having looked at it, I can see how storaro managed it.......the crazy SOB has squashed the 2.35 image horizontaly so all the information is shown in the 2:1 ratio. FAIL!
You're absolutely right. Storaro should be put in the slammer for what he did to the beginning of the movie.

You get in trouble with the law when you go to Stonehenge and smear tomato ketchup all over it - therefore, I strongly support a law that forbids messing around with cinematic masterpieces. Or else...

Greetings!