View Single Post
Old 17th June 2011, 01:18 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Over the last three days, I went through my collection and watched some Hammer classics.

The first was Horror of Dracula. Wonderful flick, very moody - a classic. But I am still musing whether James Bernard's score falls within the Geneva Conventions.

Number two was The Hound of the Baskervilles. My personal Hammer favourite - a fantastic cast (Cushing, Lee, Morell, de Wolff, Malleson), great settings, and spooky.

The last one was Brides of Dracula. One of the stupidest main characters you'll ever find in a flick (she does everything a sane person would definitely avoid to do) - but a very solid Cushing, a übergreat Martita Hunt (watch Becket and The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men, if you want to know why I praise her) and very nice photography (Jack Asher - he also was in charge for the two aforementioned flicks) made it an enjoyable movie. And don't forget that extraordinary windmill ending!

In all three flicks: Miles Malleson. He could even save a crappy film with an appearence of two minutes.

Greetings!