View Single Post
Old 19th June 2011, 03:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Glad to hear both those films (I've pre-ordered both) are of such excellent quality Nos!

I just bought DARK CITY from cex for £8. Considering its OOP, thats a very good price compared to the £40+ listings on amazon marketplace and the £18 on zavvi. I believe the US version is region locked too so that wasn't an option.

There is one in my local CEX for £12. I hope it's still there tomorrow.

Just watched the Mill Creek blu of the spaghetti western THE LAST GUN and it was ok, nothing special and a far cry from Sergio Bergonzelli's later work. The pq was pretty good - there where lots of scratches and scuffs but generally it was decent, especially considering how obscure a film it was. No complaints here.

And last night I watched the Severin blu of SANTA SANGRE. I'd never seen it before and I have to say it was excellent, totally bizarre. Loved it! I heard people complain about the blu-ray transfer but I don't know why because it looked superb. I really don't get those people. Do they buy blu-rays to enjoy the film or to just pick up on any teeny tiny flaw they find?