View Single Post
Old 29th June 2011, 02:17 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I only have 42'' LCD and I haven't had a problem with anything yet.

Certainly these things will look different on a bigger screen and whatever flaws they may have will become more apparent and I have no problem with people voicing their displeasure if they don't like it, but I find it annoying that some people are sooo obsessed with looking for flaws (and I'm talking about all blu-rays).

I know people see things differently but it gets frustrating when the minute you say something good about an Arrow release you are automatically labeled a 'kiss ass'.
You're always going to get people who go out of their way to be critical. I'm a firm believer of stating a case if something really is untoward but comments should be constructive. Arrow's had a lot of stick of late, some deserved (The Beyond, for instance) but most undeserved (as I mentioned before I was really happy with the PHENOMENA Blu-ray - a disc that has been cussed elsewhere).

I know that there are people like Michael McKenzie who get annoyed when opportunities are missed with these releases and problems creep in when they need not have but it's not a life or death situation and no one is being pressured into buying anything. You make your choice and if you want to throw caution to the wind and pre-order something before the reviews surface, it's kind of your own fault if you feel you've been stung. I pre-ordered TENEBRAE because I was never satisfied with any DVD version I've owned and I wanted to hear the Newman/Jones commentary. I was confindent that the Blu-ray would be a step up from all the shitty DVD incarnations I've owned, and judging by the five or six minutes of it I've seen, I was right.

I really try not to double dip much when it comes to HD and only replace DVDs with Blu-rays when they're films I absolutely love or there's a significant special feature(s) I want to check out.