View Single Post
Old 7th July 2011, 07:22 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
I found that at the start the grain was very noticable,but settled down to HD quality after the 25 minute mark.
I watched my Blu copy last night, and pretty much agree with you Reaps.

The initial grain is very odd looking - almost like a snowstorm and creates an strange artificial look. I found it to be more noticeable in the outdoor scenes.

The brightness looks a tad boosted too; one of the opening scenes where Peter Neal arrives at the airport in his bright baby blue tracksuit made my eyes almost pop out of their sockets!

However, the grain does settle down, and fiddling with my settings I managed to overcome the brightness problem at the start a great deal. There is also an astonishing amount of detail present throughout, and whilst the grain can be a bit distracting at the beginning, overall, I've never seen Tenebrae look as good (I haven't seen the French Blu, so am unable to comment whether it looks better than the Arrrow release or not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
You're right. But I really think some people here could stop nagging all over the place. It's pretty annoying to read the same stuff over and over again...
This is the main reason why the threads for each Arrow release were broken up into categories.

It is then simple for people to post in the threads they want to post in, and avoid the ones they don't. If you love artwork, then there is a thread for that, want to discuss special features; read and comment on reviews; discuss the technical aspects of the releases, then there are separate threads for those too. It also means that if you are not interested in certain aspects of the release for any reason, then you can avoid that portion of the discussion all together - everyone's happy!

Also, believe it or not, there's a thread to discuss the ACTUAL film too.

No-one should be discouraged from posting their opinions on any apsect of a release, as long as it is done in a constructive manner. We've found that these separate threads creates broader, and more pleasant discussion!