Thread: Code Red
View Single Post
Old 15th August 2011, 04:06 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Write a brief review of Julie Darling won't you.
Just watched Julie Darling and must say I enjoyed it.
Medium budget German/Canadian exploitationer that has a distinct non-US feel to it.
Probably feels more European than North-American because the director (Paul Nicholas of Chained Heat/The Naked Cage) was German and it was filmed in Berlin.

Isabelle Mejias is the real star of this film imho,Anthony Franciosa and Sybil Danning are decent enough but Mejias makes it all work.

I keep wondering how old she was when she made this though...

The film starts off a bit slow but rapidly gets better and better,while having a little dip (exposition I guess) later on,only to end with a solid twisting and twisted finale.

Pic quality is very good (the Mejias sex scene looks like it may come from another source though) and audio clear (a few (short) times the audio is a bit out-of-sync,possible because of post-dubbing?).

Somehow all the extras (also the CR trailers I think) appear to be wrongly (16x9?) encoded but I quickly rectified this with the ratio button on my tv remote.

Also watched Mejias and Danning doing their on-camera interviews which offer short comments on the film and more about their careers.
The film also has 2 audio audio commentaries,one by Danning and one by Mejias.
Danning's is moderated by David DeCoteau,while the second one is moderated by Walter Olsen (Bill's brother).

I intend to watch it again later tonight with the Mejias commentary.

PS Did I mention this a very politically incorrect film?

Last edited by bdc; 15th August 2011 at 07:51 PM.