View Single Post
Old 7th September 2011, 02:32 PM
Cultist

I saw Charles Bronson Violent City for the first time 2 days ago on the Italian region B locked Blu-ray. i think it was good if you saw it as a Crime film. I thought because it was about a hitman and a Charles Bronson movie, i expected it to be action packed.

So, i was a bit disappointed since it was a Crime film instead with just a few moments of small action scenes sometimes. If you go and expect it to be action packed, you will be disappointed. But, as a Crime film, i think it was good and Bronson who i think played his role nice. Some good music from Ennio Morricone. I think Bronson is cool in this film. He has that stoneface or pokerface if you wish.

I liked the image quality. Pretty clear and detailed with no signs of DNR. It has only the English/Italian Mono sound in a 2 channel LPCM track with English subtitles. The music and dialog sounds good and clear in the English track, except in a brief scene where Bronson Telly Savalas talk in a car where they sound obviously like they sit in a dubbing room with a bit tinny sound. Of course the gunshot lacks any bass, but the music have some bass.

Film rating: 3.5/5. Not the best crime film i have seen, but you like Euro crime, i recommend it.

Last edited by LoBo; 7th September 2011 at 10:16 PM.