View Single Post
Old 11th October 2011, 08:00 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Sawdust and Tinsel - Excellent drama by Ingmar Bergman about a travelling circus and the stresses it places on everyone involved.

A Man Escaped - A prison drama/thriller set in occupied France during World War II in which a member of the French resistance who has been sentenced to death and is determined to escape, making meticulous plans. Directed with consummate skill by Robert Bresson, this (along with Sawdust and Tinsel) was one of Empire's 500 greatest movies, something I've been working my way through from while and have now reached the stage where I need to import in order to watch them all.

Thor - I have no idea how faithful this was to the comic books, but I expected something slightly more intelligent from Kenneth Branagh as this was fairly loud and stupid.

Murder Rock - This was on my list of unwatched discs, but it only took about five minutes to realise I watched it not so long ago as I remembered the killer's identity, motivation and the ending. It's a very good giallo by Lucio Fulci, but not as good as Don't Torture a Duckling.