View Single Post
Old 27th October 2011, 09:13 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Well, after a year of procrastinating I finally managed to track down a new remote for my Blu Ray player and bought a a new HDMI cable (which resembles an iron cable - you know the ones that look like climbing rope!!!), so now it looks like my Blu ray purchasing shall commence:

HMV had 2 for £15 on some Special Edition classics, so I went with Das Boot and Easy Rider.
Also bagged Withnail and I and The Long Good Friday for £3 each, and picked up Nick Love's remake of The Firm (Love's films are one of my guilty pleasures).

Before my cinema jaunt last night I had time to kill so popped into Fopp to check out their BRs but they were quite pricey so I settled for a few DVDs instead that were £3 and £4:
Frozen Lake, which I've only heard good things about.
Henry Portait Of A Serial Killer as I've never replaced my VHS.
Scorsese's New York, New York, which I've never seen, but it's absolutely loaded with extras.
And Radio On - a low key unheralded British masterpiece that I urge everyone to see, if only to check out the incredible soundtrack (Bowie, Kraftwerk, Fripp, Devo and more).

Also there's Seconds, which I mentioned the other day and the purchase that has made me most happy is Thunder Cops an absolutely bonkers HK movie. Here's the trailer:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0377.jpg (90.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0378.jpg (92.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0379.jpg (94.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0380.jpg (89.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0381.jpg (91.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0372.jpg (95.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0373.jpg (88.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0371.jpg (86.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0374.jpg (93.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0376.jpg (94.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0375.jpg (95.0 KB, 1 views)

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage