Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   Cannibal Holocaust (1980) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/412-cannibal-holocaust-1980-a.html)

vipco 27th September 2008 10:40 AM

The animal killings our nesscary for the point Deodatto was trying to achieve.
All animals were killed humanely and some were not even killed under Deodatto's direction, as he just keep the cameras running.
According to Deodatto, all animals killed were eaten by the natives and some of the cast.

Personally I find the stock footage of executions in Africa of humans more disturbing.

siccoyote 27th September 2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 14672)
The animal killings our nesscary for the point Deodatto was trying to achieve.
All animals were killed humanely and some were not even killed under Deodatto's direction, as he just keep the cameras running.
According to Deodatto, all animals killed were eaten by the natives and some of the cast.

I don't believe that , how was the little rat thing killed humanly?

I don't think the actual animal killings WERE necessary to put the point he wanted to across, it could have been don't off-camera, faked or just not at all I thought the treatment of the natives was more of what the story was about.

Angel 27th September 2008 12:13 PM

None of the animals were killed humanely and there can never be any justification for killings innocent animals for the purpose of making a film, which is what happened here.

vipco 27th September 2008 03:22 PM

You and I have walked this road before Angel. I think to save us another long journey with no ending we'll agree to disagree. LOL

Angel 27th September 2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 14680)
You and I have walked this road before Angel. I think to save us another long journey with no ending we'll agree to disagree. LOL

Yes indeed Vips :)

To be honest I've probably said all I want to say on the subject anyway.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th September 2008 04:19 PM

As the reaperee steps in-time out guys and gals....:);)
Will the REMAKE be any good?
Now if it's set in the city and they substitute real animal killings for real ned/chav killings,then that is totally acceptable.....:D

vipco 27th September 2008 04:55 PM

No need to step in Reap's, Angel knows I respect her and her views.
As Angel says everything to say on the subject has been said, I just outta respect didnt want to drag her down that never ending road of Deodato's filming decisions .

Hope I didnt offend you Angel, as I did'nt mean to.

Filming on Cannibals has stopped at the moment Reap's, due to 'Production Problems'.
Mr Deodato dose'nt seem to mind to much though as he's doing the rounds of Europes top Horror Fests, getting mobbed by fans at every one.

As for the remake, no news on it mate.
Hopfully shootings stopped on that on as well.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th September 2008 04:59 PM

Just joking mate......;)

vipco 27th September 2008 05:07 PM

I know that mate.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th September 2008 05:16 PM

I was more concerned about getting the Coyote started.....:eek::jest: