Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   Cannibal Holocaust (1980) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/412-cannibal-holocaust-1980-a.html)

Pete 10th June 2009 11:03 AM

I reckon most of the ' sexual violence' cuts would be waived.

Angel 10th June 2009 11:04 AM

Yes it would have been fascinating.

Would agree that most of the sexual violence cuts could be waived now.

vincenzo 10th June 2009 11:15 AM

Bar the animal violence the only other scene that could be potentially problematic is the dildo/spiked mudball assault by the lake.

Pete 10th June 2009 11:18 AM

If that did cause a problem they ( who ever they are ) should try the alternate 'clothed' take.

Pete 10th June 2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 30540)
Thats CH I was talking about.

Oh right, I already have a few versions of CH.

vipco 10th June 2009 11:53 AM

I re watched CH at the weekend and still think the animal killings weren't cruel, even the muskrat were all quick kills. ( and Muskrat, monkies, turtle, were all eaten partly on camera) camera)

I wouldn't stick up for the scenes in other canibal films but Holocaust I think Deodato made the right decision to 'keep the cameras rolling.

Everywhere now , including the Irish Republic, you can get this film uncut, its time that the BBFC see this film for what it is and release 's it uncut.
It is an important piece of art and should be treated as such, and IMHO , whoever cut it done the equivalent of drawing a curly mustache on the Mona Lisa .!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

vincenzo 10th June 2009 12:00 PM

Personally I find the killings and mutilations of live animals for the sake of a movie absolutely indefensible. Either way under current BBFC regulations, including the OPA & Animals Acts, there's no way this will pass uncut in the UK.

Quote:

whoever cut it done the equivalent of drawing a curly mustache on the Mona Lisa .!
The BBFC cut it because they're legally obliged to do so.

Pete 10th June 2009 12:02 PM

The muskratt killing was improvised on set, it wasn't in the script. I certainly wouldn't say it was quick, that poor animal really suffers. It upsets me to even think of that scene.

I read in Shock! Horror! that when it was submitted to bbfc, they had to cut it to make it different than the version that was banned as a nasty to avoid problems with the OPA.

vipco 10th June 2009 12:17 PM

No animal was mutilated in CH. The turtle was killed correctly as the meat is behind the offal. It had no head when this act was done so it was dead.

I have hunted up untill I took ill , by shotgun , ferret etc , and killed many a rabbit with one blow to the back of its head/neck and would never wish to see an animal suffer, so I guess I look at it from a different view than you Vince.

BTW, I dont agree with any other animal scenes in other Cannibal films as imho they were staged, even Ferox, but for some reason I belive Deodato let the camera roll and only asked for the monkey hunt to be repeated, which the Indios were very happy to do.

Pete 10th June 2009 12:19 PM

Some of the killings in ferox are done by native's who eat the animals.

A fake monkey was supposed to be used during that scene in holocuast but the natives insited on a real one. After the first take Deaodato was unhappy so he asked the natives to kill another monkey.