Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   Cannibal Holocaust (1980) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/412-cannibal-holocaust-1980-a.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th June 2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 30606)
Well, thats my annual Cannibal Holcaust Rant over for another year.

For another ten minutes?:jest:

Bringer Of Funerals 14th March 2010 04:09 PM

Cannibal Holocaust (1980)

I'm going to buy the uncut version of this as im curious about as because of the amount of bad rep it has.

Is it really as bad as people claim it is?

:chainsaw:

Gojirosan 14th March 2010 04:15 PM

It's a very intense film indeed, and quite disturbing.

If scenes of genuine animal mutilation upset then beware that there are several instances in the uncut film.

pedromonkey 14th March 2010 05:40 PM

it has a bad rep for it's contents, yet the film is beautifully made with an amazing score from Riz Ortalani, The opening theme is so hauntingly beautiful that you wonder why it is in this film.

Peter Neal 14th March 2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 67087)
The opening theme is so hauntingly beautiful that you wonder why it is in this film.

Very, very true indeed- one of THE finest soundtracks I can think of- generally and not restricted to horror films.:thumb:

While a lot of cannibal movies feature the same controversial ingredients, none of them is as skillfully made and thought-provoking as "Cannibal Holocaust".
It's one of the movies you just can't "un-see", whether you'll like it or not!:eek:
Surely one of the "classics" destined to continue splitting the horror fanbase and critics right in half for the time to come and pretty much a "one-of-a-kind" viewing experience.

JAMIOUSE 14th March 2010 06:03 PM

It's a dirty, grubby film but it has got a point to it which kind of saves it. Cannibal Ferox on the otherhand is just plain evil and wrong the animal scenes are strung out to fill the running time and serve no real purpose.

wykes1986 14th March 2010 06:22 PM

I second Jamiouse’s thoughts on Cannibal Ferox most of the animal scenes are pointless and Ruggero has said he regrets filming the animal stuff “it’s better to kill a human then an animal”.

If you’re lucky you can pick up a really nice 3D-steelbook from XT (it’s the same as the Grind-House DVD) for about £30 but it depends how much you want to see it.

vincenzo 14th March 2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 67087)
The opening theme is so hauntingly beautiful that you wonder why it is in this film.

Personally I find it a hugely overrated film. I do agree that Ortolani's score is not only the best thing about it but also among Riz's finest ever work.

Richcrue 14th March 2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 67082)
I'm going to buy the uncut version of this

I hope its the EC ultrabit edition your buying(IMHO)its the best to get,the Grindhouse R1 has better extra features but is missing a couple of seconds during the "last road to hell" sequence.
Personally,I would recommend the film wholeheartedly.:thumb:

nekromantik 14th March 2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richcrue (Post 67113)
I hope its the EC ultrabit edition your buying(IMHO)its the best to get,the Grindhouse R1 has better extra features but is missing a couple of seconds during the "last road to hell" sequence.
Personally,I would recommend the film wholeheartedly.:thumb:

I think the Grindhouse release has the full Last road to hell scene as a extra but not part of the movie.