Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   Cannibal Holocaust (1980) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/412-cannibal-holocaust-1980-a.html)

vincenzo 30th May 2008 10:52 AM

Yes I'd say Cannibal Terror as well. Also one of the daftest of the lot.

There aren't any cannibals whatsoever in The Cannibal Man (another former nasty) but it's quite a brutal film in parts. Surprisingly the eventual UK video release (Redemption) had only a mild 3 sec cut. Hasn't been re-released in the UK since.

vipco 30th May 2008 11:26 AM

Speaking of the rerelease, the current VIPCO Holocaust has Blackhorse Ent. listed on the jacket as the distributor so it looks like it will even be the same quality print.

Can you see any point in this rerelease, Vince.
Why pay the BBFC for work already done.? It seams strange that the BBFC even accepted an already classified piece of work.
Do you think this could be leading to a BluRay release.?

Cannabil Man was quite a good film, im surprised to hear its not on dvd in the UK.
Maybe one for the yellow box treatment then. ?

vincenzo 30th May 2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 6874)
Can you see any point in this rerelease, Vince.
Why pay the BBFC for work already done.? It seams strange that the BBFC even accepted an already classified piece of work.
Do you think this could be leading to a BluRay release?

If a film changes distributors it has to be resubmitted to the BBFC. The rights must have fully passed from Vipco to Blackhorse (though I'm guessing at this). This is why I'm surprised they didn't resubmit the uncut print for BBFC revaluation.

vipco 30th May 2008 03:20 PM

Blacehorse Ent. are listed on the VIPCO 25th Ann. Ed. of Holocaust as the distributor so if they already were the distributor then surely their actions so far are pretty strange and unnecessaryly expensive.
Mike Lee submitted the film to the BBFC but Blacehorse Ent are clearly listed on the sleve as distributor to the European community.

vincenzo 30th May 2008 03:25 PM

Yes it's a bit confusing. I can only guess that Vipco leased the film from Blackhorse for the original releases, and that now Blackhorse are distributing it themselves. Hard to say really.

The list of all BBFC submissions for Cannibal Holocaust are here

vipco 30th May 2008 04:27 PM

I'll end up buying it anyway as although I have an uncut version I have 3 VIPCO ones as well.

Interestingly I was in Zavvi to day but didn't get a chance for a good look but they had 3 VIPCO CH on the shelf plus a full box of them under the shelf.
This and FEROX seen to sell really well as the shelves of Zavvi and HMV clear pretty quick of this title at 20 quid a pop.
If anyone put an extreme version of Ferox out I recon it would be one of their top sellers.
With Ferox the animal scenes are not that extreme compared to Holocaust's and their absence definitely wouldn't effect sales as Ferox was more reliant on the human violence for its shocks.
And with the current UK version missing most of that a stronger version featureing the missing human violence would sell very well and should hve little problems with the BBFC and I cant see Zavvi or HMV not stocking an extreme version of a title they already stock that also does well at the till.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th May 2008 06:44 PM

The EC versions of CH are the one's to get from Europe,also there was an Italian release which featured extras not available on any other version.....apparently the AWE version is also good....why buy another identical cut version Vips?:confused:

jenifer8 31st May 2008 06:56 AM

Cannibal Ferox and Cannibal Holocaust seems tame by todays standarts.But there are unnecessary animal killings in both of these movies.So i agree with BBFC decision for banning those movies.I hope we don't see that kind of stuff any more.They are not movies but just trash.

bedorca 31st May 2008 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenifer8 (Post 6993)
Cannibal Ferox and Cannibal Holocaust seems tame by todays standards.But there are unnecessary animal killings in both of these movies.So i agree with BBFC decision for banning those movies.I hope we don't see that kind of stuff any more.They are not movies but just trash.

:eek:

Each to their own I say ;)

Kevin Coed 31st May 2008 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenifer8 (Post 6993)
Cannibal Ferox and Cannibal Holocaust seems tame by todays standarts.But there are unnecessary animal killings in both of these movies.So i agree with BBFC decision for banning those movies.

Neither film has been banned though.