Thread: Code Red
View Single Post
Old 12th December 2011, 12:00 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Sounds like a tough market at the moment, codered. I don't envy you having to work in such a niche corner of the home video entertainment market and it must be very difficult trying to predict what will sell and what won't. I've bought a fair few of your titles and have been pleased with all of them. But I won't lie, things are tough all over, and money is tight. I honestly believe that in many cases that it's not that people don't want to buy your releases, but they genuinely have to count pennies and can't afford to. Of course, all this creates a hazardous environment in which, I imagine, downloading spikes, as people penny-pinch. It's not something I do, but I can certainly see the recession driving piracy at the moment. I will only make do with genuine copies and, if I can't afford something, I go without. Simple as.

Like I say, I don't think it's that fans don't want to support your endeavours, but people's personal financial situations just doesn't allow them to do so at this moment in time. Let's hope the world's governments stop dicking around and sort out the global economy so we can all get back up on our feet again - and buying lovely DVDs and BDs once more!