Thread: Code Red
View Single Post
Old 13th December 2011, 08:37 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnToZero View Post
This is just me but to be honest i think that european movies are easier to sell then the american ones. When i look at my Severin and Blue Underground collection i can see that the majority of them are... italian.

Some of my favourite Code Red titles are the european ones like Beyond the Door and Cut-Throats Nine for example.

Well, well, the best of luck to you guys at Code Red!
actually CTN was from the US distributor, and BTD was from Italians but the dvd is still in the red ink.

Italian still think "American are rich" and want $10,000.00+ and Italian lab can get $7,000.00 to do a new transfer. US Lab is alot cheaper almost by 70% less.

I know Lustig does new transfer, but Severin I believe take what they have. They sell 6 times more than I do, so they can play with these type of things. Look at CHOKE CANYON...I paid $10,000 and sold 548 copies for $6.50 each.

I understand money is tight, but some large amount of horror fans is buying large volume of other label compare to my 30+ titles release I did this year. I saw the sales barcode scan and code red stuff is doing 80% less than a normal indie cult label.

One OutofPrint vhs collector told me that code red dvd product will be more rare than most vhs since only 600 is out there.

Another guy even said "why don't you put it all in storage and sell them 5 years from now". LOL.