View Single Post
Old 20th December 2011, 10:46 PM
Cult Addict

A triple bill of films rented from work tonight.

first up (because it looked to be the weakest of the three, and I was right!)
Cowboys and aliens, not terrible just inconsistant in tone and overly long. Worth picking up if its cheap but i'll not be rushing out to buy it.

Second was final destination 5. Not bad, but totally unorigional. If you've seen any of the prior final destination releases you'll know what to expect from the get go. Theres a nice little twist at the end and though its unorigional it does deliver the goods in terms of nasty death scenes. If you hate the previous final destinations give it a miss, if not its worth watching and certainly not the worst entry in the series (more tony todd is a plus!)

Finally almodovar's The skin I live in. Glad I left this gem till last. I've never totally been into almodovars movies, but I loved Matador and hearing he was returning to horror/thriller teratory was too much to resist. I wasn't dissapointed. Its a very dark and twisted tale about a mad surgeon (played perfectly by antonio banderas, seriously this is possibly the best film he's been in for years) and the young woman he holds captive. Theirs lots of brilliant and disturbing twists to the tale and is a definate must see for everyone. Turns out three of my top ten fims this year are spanish, julia's eyes, Kidnapped and now this!