View Single Post
Old 10th January 2012, 06:01 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I disagree. I thought Green Street portrayed them as mindless, stupid thugs with no real ambition or purpose in life other than to look for a fight. I didn't find it glamourous or inspiring, in fact I found it depressing and profoundly saddening. Only an idiot would find these mindless thugs glamourous and something to aspire to. And the people who really are like the characters in the film, laugh at films like these and think they're tame and not 'manly' enough. That's my opinion anyway.
Sadly, it'll be the 'mindless thugs' who repeatedly watch the film and find it inspiring. As the main character (played by Elijah Wood) says at the end (and I paraphrase) 'I learnt more here than I ever would have done at Harvard'.

I suppose this sort of quote from him really made me hate the film:
Quote:
I've never lived closer to danger, but I've never felt safer. I've never felt more confident, and people could spot it from a mile away. And as for this, the violence? I gotta be honest - it grew on me. Once you've taken a few punches and realize you're not made of glass, you don't feel alive unless you're pushing yourself as far as you can go.