View Single Post
Old 11th January 2012, 10:43 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
I saw The Good The Bad, The Weird tonight. I get the feeling I'm going to be flying in the face of popular opinion here but I found this to be a bloated bore of a movie. Familiar scenes and music cues trotted out with nothing interesting added (except for Asian Actors in Cowboy Hats - this movies one and only idea), paper thin characters I couldn't give a toss about, tedious gunfights, gratuitous horse cruelty, duff cgi, frenetic, irritating editing - honestly I was gratefully counting down the minutes here like an Aberdonian in a taxi, all 140 of em.
I really like the film, but it's interesting to see the things you don't like about it (apart from the last lot, anyway) are exactly what I don't like about Tarantino's recent films.

Back on topic, as the last two nights I've watched all eight Friday the 13th films, with the first three on Monday and the last five last night. They really are a mixed bag when it comes to the acting, stories, direction and scares. I found Part V: The New Blood to be weaker than most, but nowhere near as bad as Jason Takes Manhattan!