View Single Post
Old 24th January 2012, 07:46 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
The traditional releases will be limited from now on. So you have to buy them when they're released, or you risk being stuck with the vanilla edition later on. That's the whole problem.

Greetings!
I wouldn't call 2 paneled artwork and all the same extras vanilla!

Even with 2 panels instead of four and losing some of the internal paper goodies, you're still getting a premium package: how many other companies can even compete with that?

Take a look at what you get from most other distributors: the film and some flimsy photo-shopped art put together in ten minutes by some bored graphic design graduate.

I think it's a slight case of people (and don't think I'm targeting this at you, Prince! ) taking what they've been accustomed to for granted.

I am sad to see the four paneled slip-covered editions take on a limited life, but Arrow have to make money, and I'm betting the added costs for windowed slipcovers, quad art sleeves, posters, lobbycards, booklets etc. don't leave them with a lot of selling margin to play with and therefore invest in new films, extras, better quality control etc.