View Single Post
Old 15th February 2012, 08:08 AM
Active Cultist

Great to hear the love for Fire Walk With Me, one of my top 5 movies - it's got everything, the audacious 30 min prologue which is basically the series put through a mangle (even the coffee's bad, a running joke continued in Mulholland Drive), the terrifying dream sequences, heartbreaking performances by the 2 female leads, Leland, Bob, the Pink Room scene - I could go on all day. If you don't have the French blu ray I recommend it, not a perfect picture but a huge improvement over the DVD.

I watched Edward Scissorhands last night for the first time in about 15 years. Not surprisingly for a film set in a weird 50s/80s time zone it has aged really well. When you see it as an old woman recounting a lost love from her adolescence in the form of a fairy tale to her granddaughter it's really quite a brilliant idea. Blu ray isn't as perfect as I'd hoped - black levels not quite right, but its still a solid 7.5/10. Oh for the days when Tim Burton did these unique, magical films rather than remakes and adaptations. I'm off to dig out Pee Wees Big Adventure...