View Single Post
Old 13th March 2012, 11:19 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The Sinking of Japan - impressive SF disaster flick about Japan being sucked below the Pacific tectonic plate. Much better than Hollywood eco-disaster efforts, with more human warmth and genuine tension throughout. Sullied, however by THE most awful, mawkish, pop ballad which appears a couple of times during the film. Otherwise, great stuff.

Shark Attack 3 - Megalodon - well, I am not sure what to say about this. It's cheap, badly acted, has extremely clunky use of stock footage (in one scene the shark changes species about three times as it approaches a boat) and has no technical skill to redeem it. But on the other hand, it's funny, the script is knowing and amusing, the story rattles along great, the characters are wonderful and by the end of the film I had thoroughly enjoyed myself and was glad I had purchased the film. So, is it bad? It raises the issue of what is bad, once again. This is inept, yes, but I can't call it bad, because I loved it and never once questioned what I as doing watching it. Excellent entertainment.