View Single Post
Old 24th March 2012, 05:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default "I'm Alan Partridge" (1997)

"I'm Alan Partridge" (1997)

Alan Partridge: That was Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell, a song in which Joni complains they 'Paved paradise to put up a parking lot', a measure which actually would have alleviated traffic congestion on the outskirts of paradise, something which Joni singularly fails to point out, perhaps because it doesn't quite fit in with her blinkered view of the world. Nevertheless, nice song.

Alan Partridge: You work in a petrol station, Michael. It's not the Gulf War. Which ironically is like a large petrol station.

ALAN PARTRIDGE
Do you mind if I talk? It helps me keep the wolf from the door, so to speak. [pause] Jill, what do you think of the pedestrianization of Norwich city centre? I'll be honest, I'm dead against it. I mean, people forget that traders need access to [aroused] DI-XONS! They do say it'll help people in [aroused] WHEEEEELCHAIRS!

ALAN PARTRIDGE
Lynn, message from Alan. Something to pitch to Tony Hayers at BBC lunch, Friday. Idea for film extravaganza. Plot, thus: Malcolm McDowell is trapped in the future. He's being pursued by a cyberpunk from the past, played by Rutger Hauer. Erm, terrible idea. No one will watch that. I've not thought it through, Lynn. I'll call you back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg I'm Alan Partridge (32).jpg (46.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg I'm Alan Partridge (4).jpg (53.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg I'm Alan Partridge (11) .jpg (53.0 KB, 3 views)