View Single Post
Old 25th April 2012, 06:59 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
Haven't had a lot of cash lately so It's been quite hard and haven't really been able to pick up much but I went out for the day last weekend and picked up two DVD's woth mentioning...

Firstly, A film i'd never even heard of before, "Daltry Calhoun". The main reason I picked it up is because of the label slapped across the top of the DVD "From Executive Producer Quentin Tarantino". It stars Johnny Knoxvile (Who I don't think has done a good film apart from the Jackass series) so I was going into it thinking it would just be a horrible piece of crap but It actually turned out to be a very enjoyable film. Feels just like a little indie film. Not sure of the budget or production anything but knowing that Tarantino likes to get behind the more underground films, I would assume this would be one of those cases.

Second thing I picked up is Donnie Brasco. I film I already own, However this particular copy happens to be an Australian JB HI FI exclusive. It come's in a nice thick slide case which is covered in a material and has a cool image designed by an artist by the name of Noma Bar. It's not numbered but there are only 2000 copies available, So it's nice to have this copy. The DVD inside the slide case is just the ordinary Extended Edition copy of the film with a few special features.

(Sorry the picture is so small, It's the only one I could find on the net already)
If your after decent films with johnny knoxville, i'd reccomend john waters DIRTY SHAME. Very funny and undderrated movie. Also grand theft parsons was pretty good as well.