View Single Post
Old 17th May 2012, 11:19 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Yes, exactly those films!

That's true. Savini's gore effects are excellent, but the grey and blue zombies clearly look as if the actors have been painted.

I'd have loved to be there watching that double feature as both films are superbly made, but slightly different. There's a bit more humour in Rear Window than Vertigo, but the scripting, design and direction in Vertigo are in a class of their own and it's Hitchcock's most accomplished picture. I feel like doing that double bill on my own one evening now!

Seeing it in 70 mm must have been a great visual experience and (I think) would have more information than you could fit on a dual layer BD.

Just in terms of Hitchcock's films, my favourite is Psycho, but his best is Vertigo.
70MM was quite a treat, looking just like an amazing blu ray, only with natural grain! It is a suburbly made movie, but in my mind there are good movies, like Oscar winners, which can be smart and well made, but an absolute bore, then entertaining movies, like schlocky horror, which can be utter crap but a really fun movie.

Other 70MM films my local cinema shows are 2001, Aliens, The Last Starfighter, The Right Stuff, Baraka, Hamlet, Titanic, Poltergiest, Ben Hur.

They also show restorations of old films, like 2K Raiders, Labyrinth, South Pacific, Olkaholma, Oliver, Ferris Bueller, Scarface, Ghostbusters, Fright Night, and 4K Taxi Driver, Sound Of Music, Dr Strangelove, Big Leblowski

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga