View Single Post
Old 25th May 2012, 10:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Many people regard 'The Aztecs' as being one of the best. Must admit that I am not a fan of the 'historical' stories, preferring the science fiction ones. However, 'The Aztecs' does raise possibly the most important part of Who-lore - "you cannot change history. Not one line".

I would urge you to continue with the Hartnell era because is possibly the most important one in the history of the show, setting out the whole mythos of the character. It's also interesting to note how in the early stories, the 'hero' of the show seems to have changed over the years. The character of The Doctor was a confused old man, while it was Ian who was filled with daring-do and both he and Barbara had a lot of scientific/historical knowledge, due to the fact that they were teachers
I want to give one a try but not sure where to start. I had thought about the Beginnings set but to be quite honest only the third story appealed to me. I liked the unusualness of it.

Any suggestions of Hartnell era that might win me over. To be quite honest the villain in Aztecs was what killed it for me.