View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:44 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I agree with most of you'd comments regarding the films I've seen, Daemonia. Well, apart from True Grit which I really enjoyed.

Winter's Bone is excellent, a star-making performance from
It's young lead.

Priest is the sort of film that reminds you how bad indulgent blockbusters can be. It's a shame because the director and Bettany's previous collaboration, Legion, was quite good fun.

I actually preferred the Fincher Girl - its a much better made film, IMO.

Last night I saw The Grey (one where wolf hunter Liam Neeson and a bunch of plane crash survivors must defend themselves in the remote Alaskan wilderness against a pack of furry adversaries. Very good, well worth watching.

Ides of March - thought-provoking political drama starring Ryan Gosling and George Clooney. Quite talky but very good. Harks back to similar films of the seventies.

Enter the Ninja - hadn't seen this one before and absolutely loved every OTT, nonsensical minute of it. Loses brownie points for dubbing Franco Nero with a shitty American "tough guy" voice but gains some for Christopher George's superb caftan-clad pantomime villain and Alex Courtney's jovial exclamation: "Let's have a cockfight!"

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?uoh2th