View Single Post
Old 13th June 2012, 02:29 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
It's because they are rubbish. Men in silver suits, wearing cricket gloves. (I'm not a fan of the Cybermen!)

[Seriously, I think that the worst thing that ever happened to the Cybermen was making them allergic to gold. You give a monster a weakness, and they lose all power]
I do like the Cybermen.

But it seems wtiters don't know what to do with them.

The Tenth Planet seems pretty good, but like most others i've never seen it.

The Moonbase is just a remake of the Tenth Planet.

The Tomb of the Cybermen is ok, but imo overrated.

The Invasion is excellent, but the Cybermen are only in half the story.

The Wheel in Space is mind numbingly dull.

Revenge of the Cybermen is perhaps the worst ever Cybermen story until Closing Time that is.

I do really like Earthshock and always have done. An excellent action packed story.

I thought Attack of the Cybermen was great when i first saw it. Unfortunately in the cold light of day it isn't really that good, but it does have some brilliant touches.

Ditto Silver Nemesis. I love the entrance of the Cybermen and the gunfight with the Nazi's, it goes downhill from there though.

Rise of the Cybermen / The Age of Steel. I really enjoyed this, but it does have faults...

The same goes for Army of Ghosts / Doomsday which was completely ruined by the last ten minutes.

The Next Doctor. I love this, i know most people hate it, but i love it. Brilliant Christmas day entertainment.

The Pandorica Opens, whilst not really a Cyberman story has an excellent cameo which gives them a lot of horrific menace.

Closing Time was a disaster, a very poorly written way to beat the Cybermen. I prefer RTD's "press the red button" resolutions than the ideas in Moffat's leadership.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg cybermen2.jpg (36.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cybermen001.jpg (72.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg article-1094577-02CABFCC000005DC-312_468x312.jpg (18.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg rise-of-the-cybermen.jpg (55.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cybermen_in_France.jpg (31.6 KB, 0 views)