View Single Post
Old 17th June 2012, 08:12 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
YellowBrickRoad

An interesting but ultimately flawed and lifeless attempt at mind bending horror through the guise of a character study.

In New Hampshire, there is said to be a mountain trail where in 1940 an entire town mysteriously set off on and never came back, some were found slaughtered but the majority just disappeared. For years the coordinates were classified, but in 2008 a team of investigators is sent in to chart the unmapped area.

The films sound design is excellent, eerie forties music constantly wafts around your 5:1 system driving the viewer as insane as the characters and there is some truly excellent camera work, especially when you consider its a low budget indie film.

My problem is with the actual story which almost peaks at the half way mark and never regains the momentum. The end is interesting and i certainly never saw it coming.

As i type this i am actually realising i need to see the film again and fairly soon, probably because i now know the type of film it is and may get more out of the last half.

I have that knocking around somewhere, haven't seen it yet. I'll see if I can find it after the footy.

Thanks for the reminder! I had totally forgotten about it.