View Single Post
Old 13th July 2012, 01:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
great news about a second VIDEO NASTIES BOX SET
the first is brilliant and one of best horror docs around.
Indeed yes and said initial volume makes a superior companion piece to ABUK's two Box Of The Banned sets with their respective Ban The Sadist Videos documentary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
No offense but I'm going to give the Nasties set a miss as I'm sick to death of the whole subject.
I'll confess i find the topic a tad tedious at times nowadays but generally any good books and DVDs on the VN debacle i'll still go for as such output is always a nice 'n' needed trip down memory lane for me. Aahh, happy days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Noooo! I like a bit of Emmy!
You're not the only one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Clearly not knowing much about the films she was introducing at all.
I must admit i used to think the same thing when Booth would introduce some of Zone Horror's screenings. Great to look at but with limited knowledge of the genre imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
She can smash up my tapes anytime...
Mine too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiaswragg View Post
As somebody who lived through the 'Golden Age' of video, I don't think I'll ever tire of the 'nasties phenomenon'.
Yours truly grew up in the same era too and although the subject can become a bit repetitive to me at times, i've got absolutely no intention of ever losing any love i have for the relevant furore. VHS was an integral part of my youth and i was well known for indulging in the format's output. Even now i'm probably known more for my passion for films than anything else and i've never been able to shake off the reputation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
For nothing more than variety and eye candy, they should keep Emily Booth, but give her some watching and reading material about a month in advance along with the script so she can learn her lines and deliver them straight to camera rather than off to the side where the cue cards are placed!
A suitably sensible suggestion there.