View Single Post
Old 24th July 2012, 10:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
EMANUELLE IN AMERICA - I didn't feel there was all that much to this mid seventies Joe D'Amato romp beyond the well documented bits of alternative dressage and fake snuff footage... that said, the latter looked pretty gruelling to me and perhaps could've been explored a bit more. Apart from this limited display of nastiness, the rest pretty much boils down to the usual shagging around and would've made for a very dull movie were it not for some nicley 'pop' type aesthetics and dashes of mild eccentricity ie the scene where Emanuelle attempts to evade a gun wielding moral avenger by trying to give him a blow job! In the end though, this mostly tepid flick just doesn't deserve the notoriety it's accumulated over the years, and pales beside a classic like 'Beyond The Darkness', which creates an intensely sleazy atmosphere without ever being nearly as explicit as 'Emanuelle in America'.
Agree totally but i still have a warm feeling in my gutty wuts that the only Emmanuelle i have has snuff, bestiality and hardcore in it

and i presume you meant Emanuelle Around The World

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]