View Single Post
Old 8th August 2012, 11:37 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
Recommended releases: in terms of versions of the film, I have the R1 which, based on its content, I can pretty safely say is uncut, and is often referred to as uncut in reviews. It's a short film, maybe 70 minutes. As far as I know there's only one R1 out, I forget the studio, think it's 'Groovemedia' or something equally insipid. PQ / AV etc are all standard / fine for a contemporary film of its ilk. Can't remember any extras, but who cares? Do you really want to hear Olaf telling you how a rubber demon having its knob cut off relates to him not getting the right kind of sweets on his sixth birthday etc? I never do, I hate extras, they rip the mystique out of a film.
I remember some reviews stating that a German DVD / Blu-ray release was heavily cut. If true it's a shame, 'cos it seems to have a groovier cover, with a f*cked up mangled face covered in vom.
In terms of bodily secretions, I recommend pissing on a large man in SM gear wearing an octopus mask - think this actually happens in the movie. There's some piss, anyway, and an octopus mask, somewhere.
In terms of spiritual release, hey it's what we're all looking for.
Hopefully covered all dimensions.
I've no real interest in splatter and gore these days but as soon as I read the words 'some piss...and an octopus mask' I'm thinking I may have dismissed the sub genre too early.