View Single Post
Old 10th September 2012, 09:53 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Psychosis (2010)

Depressingly predictable British horror thriller about an American author who moves into a mansion in the country with her new husband. Its not long before strange events begin to unfold leaving the woman doubting her sanity.

The only thing that kept me watching this formulaic movie was its star, Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia in Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer) she has miles more acting talent than the rest of the cast, all British unfortunately. One actor who could have been fun was Justin Hawkins from The Darkness, playing, you guessed it, a rock star. Unfortunately his dull uninspired role is too brief even though he pops up throughout the film.

Films like Psychosis rely on their twists in particular the ending. Most of the time i never see them coming until they stamp on my toes and slap me about the cheeks. With Psychosis even i was able to completely guess the ending from around the twenty five minute mark.

The film has some bloody moments and the odd sex scene, none of which are particularly likely to keep you interested as the movie meanders towards its inevitable conclusion.

Its my own fault for watching the film though, i was warned. The dvd sleeve is full of celebratory remarks from Gorezone magazine, who are to reviewing what Alan Jones is to secrecy.
unfortunately i saw this shit on the horror channel
never again