View Single Post
Old 11th September 2012, 02:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeepingTrent View Post

What Have You Done To Solange?
Both the Italian and US releases of this are currently out of print and go for a FORTUNE on Amazon & Ebay... And Shameless already has What Have They Done To Your Daughters, Massimo Dallamano's other "schoolgirl giallo". They would go nicely together as Shameless releases!
Is it wrong that bit of info has made my day?

Also don't get me wrong I think it's a great little film and a must for Shameless at some point, but I still get puzzled how popular it is, outside of hardcore gialli fans, it's one title that a lot of horror fans in general seem to know and love. Personally I think it's the Ennio Morricone score that takes it to another level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeepingTrent View Post

Eyeball (aka. Red Cats In A Glass Maze)
Umberto Lenzi again. At the moment the best release is the German one I think... This is a highly regarded giallo and also lends itself perfectly to the reversible cover art with the alternate titles 'Eyeball' and 'Gatti rossi in un labirinto di vetro' (Red Cats In A Glass Maze).
Eyeball kind of disappointed me if I'm honest, but put the classic US poster on the front cover and watch it fly off the shelves!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eyeball_(1975).jpg (50.4 KB, 2 views)