View Single Post
Old 29th September 2012, 03:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

A Rant review on a film I hate

I originally saw this at the Cinema where it was meant to be one of the scariest films ever made and it's meant to be based on a true story, plus the trailer for the film looked ok.

When I was finally in the cinema I thought ok the opening is pretty powerful so we must be in for a scary ride of enjoyment, the film then started slow which sometimes isn't a bad thing, then we see the 2 main actor's in the film driving home with silence so obviously something has happened to upset them both.

Twenty minutes in the film there is a knock at the door and it' 4 in the morning, now generally common sense would tell you not to answer the door but the 2 thickos do and they tell whoever it is to go away and that's where the "terror begins" or should be terror.

Three strangers then decide to terrorise them for the whole film and nothing much happens in it apart from liv tyler running round crying and screaming, I was thinking just shut it up.

Scott Speedman finds a shotgun and aim's it at the head of a stranger running towards him with an axe now logic tells me that a shotgun blast would win anyday but no he doesn't shoot and lets the bloke still scare him. Then liv tyler runs outside and goes into a shed where she trys to radio for help and again they terrorise her.

That's all it is for the next 90 mins - its just a slow dragged out bore fest that shouldn't be watched by anyone. Even my friend was bored 20 mins into it. You don't even see what they look like at the end, which was a huge let down

I hate this film with a passion - I've seen it twice and I would not like to sit through it again. The Extended version of the film is 1 second longer yep that's right one whole second.

As You Can tell I hate this film, with all my heart.