View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:41 AM
Cult Acolyte

Watched V/H/S with my dad and brother last night. Fantastic movie, really REALLY freaky too.
It has a bit of a slow start, with the first tape being really slow, and really average.
The 2nd tape, the Ti West one, was very slow, and very mysterious and nothing was explained, but I quite liked it, unlike my dad and brother.
The 3rd one, was the best as agreed by everyone, being a fantastic little slasher, with a great and terrifying killer.
The 4th tape was a bit paranormal activity, but was probably the scariest out if the lot, having all agreed to stop the movie for a brake when the little glowing kid ran through the door. Quite good with a interesting twist.
The 5th tape was amazing. I'd give this an equal first with the 3rd one, with a fantastic story, set up and amazing end. I'm also giving kudos to Radio Silence for putting fantastic cgi effects into footage of that quality, making pass off as almost real. Hope Radio Silence do other movies.
The bits in between, like the first couple, gets off to a slow start, but little creepy things like dead bodies in the background disappearing, and people watching the tapes disappearing, made it all very good and mysterious.

On the whole, fantastic film, highly reccomended.

Also watched Cabin In The Woods the night before with everyone, this being the 2nd time for me. Still amazing.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga